Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sydney - One day sightseeing (Part 1)

I'm at Sydney now. It's only 5:30pm on Sunday and I have no idea what to do.. Guess it's the best time to update my blog. I have lots of entries to catch up but I'll just leave those later. I'll talk about Sydney first.

This is my 2nd trip to Sydney. I came here before when I was 13. That was along time ago huh.. So I think I'll have to do the sightseeing once again. My initial plan was to cover the city in 2 days but I managed to do all of that just in 1 day.

Harbour Bridge

This is one of the iconic place in sydney. Many people just take pictures of the bridge from afar. What you should do is to actually walk across the bridge. I did not drive down to the city but took the train instead. I got out at Milson Point's station and walk across this bridge towards the Opera house following the walking path called ' Cahill Walk'.


Along the walk, you'll be able to see the bridge up-close and of course the opera house from afar. It's good to take this walk in the evening. I did this in the afternoon at about 12. It's so hot and the sun is burning.. Can get dark easily..




The Rocks @ Weekend market


After completing the bridge walk, you'll reach The Rocks. It's in between the bridge and the Opera house. During weekends, you'll find a weekend market there. Lotsa interesting items for sale. Got some souvenirs here.



Sydney Opera House

After walking around the market, next stop. The opera house. Along the way to the opera house, you will pass by Circular Quay. The interchange station for buses, trains & ferries.


From Circular Quay, you'll be able to catch a good view of the harbour bridge. So time for some camwhoring.



No comments: