Friday, April 17, 2009

2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX - 5 April 2009

The F1 season is back and Malaysia was the 2nd race in the season. My friend was going to Sepang to watch the Grand Prix and he'd asked me along. Why not! :)


It was a cloudy day. It was forecasted that it will rain in the evening and that was the time of the race. It would be an interesting race to watch if it rains. The crowd was massive. You can see many people dressed in red and some were carrying red flags. Why red? Ferrarri is red. That showed us how many Malaysian Ferrari supporters out there.


There was an autograph session going on when we reached. Can't remember who the driver was though.



My friend rented a 'Kangaroo' Tv. It's actually a small mini tv which delivers live video, audio and data to spectators over a F1 race. I would say it's a MUST-HAVE if you intend to watch the race live. It feeds you with so much information regarding the race.


The driver's parade before the start of the race.


More pictures.



In the midst of the race, it started to pour heavily. It was getting exciting.. I screamed every time I saw a car skidded. (We were sitting in front of the last cornering of the race. That was the sharpest cornering in the track) So afraid other cars would knock onto them. The race had to stop half way due to the bad weather. :( Not enough of it though..

Anyway, I enjoyed the race alot. I was never before a fan of F1. Thanks to my friend who introduced me to this, I guess I've to change my statement. I'm starting to like it now. :) I'll catch the next race which is in China on TV. hehe :)

No comments: