Monday, July 10, 2006

What's this?

I wonder how people design building these days. What’s the use of having such a beautiful architecture but the building plan sucks? A building with more than 50 floors and there’s only 4 levels of parking spaces. I’m referring to this blue building which looks like a sword. Last year, 3 of the 4 levels were only reserved for permanent staffs and 1 level is opened up for visitors.. what happen to this level now? Half of it is reserved for them.. Oh gosh.. then where do you expect the visitors to park? There’re some parking spaces outside the building but it’s limited. So if you arrive late, say bout 10am, so sorry.. you’ve gotta find a parking space some other place.

We were discussing this over lunch about having functions in this building. Just imagine all visitors are all nicely dressed but they can’t park in the building. They have to park about 5-10 minutes walk away. So imagine them, walking under the hot sun, sweating.. Really funny! If I’m one of them, I’ll be cursing like mad.. what is this place.. :P

Anyway,when I reached the office at 8:50 last Monday morning, the car park outside was full. I don’t know where to park. There’re parking spaces at the next building but that means I’ll have to walk far and you know me.. LAZY! I saw an empty space at the road side and I parked my car there. I plan to park my car at the proper car park during lunch time. More spaces by then… So when I went down to get my car during lunch time, know what I saw on my windscreen? A white piece of paper… it’s obviously a “SAMAN by DBKL”.. Congratulations! This is the first time I’m getting one :)

I stood at the side of my car for a while.. thinking on whether I should just leave my car there since I’ve already got fined. I felt a little bit uncomfortable with the idea and drove my car to the proper parking space. Now.. another problem.. paying the fine.. I have to pay within the first 14 days.. coz it’ll be much cheaper.. There goes my RM30 to the DBKL fund.

I still find people parking at the roadside everyday. I think the DBKL fellas are so happy to come to this area everyday and I’m sure they can hit their “SALES” target every month. Hehe.. I also find some cars with those white papers on their windscreen early in the morning too. What I suspect is that, once they got fine, they will continue to park at the road side and recycle the white paper and put it on their wind screen every morning to trick the officers.. Hmm.. you sure this works? I have no idea.. but I don’t think the officers are so easily fooled by these “smart” people eh? :D

No comments: