Sunday, August 06, 2006

My first Samba lesson!!

Do you guys still remember about the Salsa fever I had back in June? I was supposed to join the Salsa class with my colleagues in July but due to my work (I'm based at the client's somewhere in PJ), I had to cancel it. I was a bit disappointed with it but that didn't dampen my spirit at all. I tried to search for other places which offers dancing classes. It doesn't have to be Salsa. I don't mind learning Latin-American dance as well.

I tried my luck 'googling' and came across this dancing class which is offered in YMCA. I mailed the person in charge and he asked me to call the instructor directly. I called the instructor and was surprised to find out that she has a dance studio somewhere near where I'm staying. That's just superb! I've decided to join the class at her studio instead of YMCA as it's more convenient.

3rd August 2006


My first lesson - I arrived at 8pm sharp at the studio with Paul. The studio is not too bad. It was much better than what I've expected it to be. There were two couples ( I think they are in their sixties) practising some dance. Then the instructor came over to introduce herself


Instructor : "Hello! I'm Joey..
Me : "Hi. I'm Kate and this is Paul"
Instructor : "Wow... you are young! I didn't expect you are that young. What makes you wanna learn dancing?"
Me : "Err.... for fun?"

I was stunned when she asked me that question. Oh well, I don't think I'm young. I can feel that I'm getting older.. My age is increasing really quickly ;)
Anyway, there were 6 of us in the class. Two couples who are in their sixties and another two girls who are about the same age as I am . The first dance she taught us was SAMBA! She explained that SAMBA was not meant for beginners but she would like us to learn it rather than learning Cha-Cha.


Samba's a fast dance and I think I'll like it. :) The 1 hour dance lesson was not too bad. I didn't find it difficult at all but I need more practices with my partner to be able to dance well. I'm looking forward to the coming ones!

No comments: