Sunday, August 20, 2006

What do you want in life?

Do you really know what you want in life? I'm always asking myself the same question over and over again and still.. i can't really answer that.

The reason for that is because in every different stage of my life, I want different things. I think that's pretty normal and it happens to everyone. Priorities changed when you start to grow older!

When I was at school, what I want in life is to have fun and at the same time to get good results so that I can gain entry to a good university. Looking back now, I really enjoyed my school days.
During my college years, my priorities changed. What I want then was to get excellent results so that I can secure a good job later on. After my high school, I took 2 years to complete my degree in a college environment. I finished my degree at the age of 19 compared to many of my other friends who graduated between the age of 21-23. At that time, my priorities were to quickly get a job after my studies and to start earning money. Looking back now, I did regret on graduating so early. I should enjoy my college years. I should take a long break before I go look for a job. I didn't really do that. I started working not long after I finished my degree course.


Now.. I'm in a different stage of life. After working for almost 4 years, my priorities changed again. There's been a lot of thinking on what I want in life at this point of time. Should I put money as my first priority or should I put 'having a life' as my first priority.

If I ask this question, I'm sure many people will definitely say, $$. They'll ask me to make money while I'm still young and it'll be difficult to do so when I have a family later on. I agree on this point.. but I want to enjoy life as well. I don't want to be away from my loved ones and friends. I'm going to be in my mid-twenties and I don't want to miss this phase while I'm still young and I don't want to regret looking back at it when I'm 30. I've already missed out a lot during my college life. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

I chose to stay put here in KL and to focus on my career development instead of thinking too much about $$. I'll get to do what I want to do (hopefully all goes well) and I get to be with my family and friends.

I hope that I've made the right choice!

3 comments:

Lisan said...

Well, it's important to earn as much of $$ as possible right now and at the same time enjoying yourself. That's the reason why u r entitled annual leave from ur company. Don't be too stress up, girl. Just enjoy urself with wat u have now.

Survon said...

Well, sure enjoying life is important and of course as long as you are not starving, that's good enough.

Probably you'll have more $$$ if you go to some other places. But why do you want more $$$? To have a better life and enjoy, right? What's the point having more $$$ if you are not enjoying it??

$$$ is never enough. You are considered earning a lot compared to the others in KL, just not as much as other places. But I bet you are happier with all your friends and family around.

Stay cool, girl. Be happy!

Chris Mak said...

Lady, when u hit late 20s, u'll realize that money is not that all important (especially from a girl's prespective). Everyone go through stages in life, and no one can deny the fact that $$ is important.

But always remember, $$ cannot buy certain things in life that you cherish, and of course, health. For anything else, there's MasterCard....

Hehehe....