Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wales Trip - Part 1

I’m back from Wales!!!! To sum everything up, North Wales is the land of sheep and lambs, mountains and water, as I can find them almost everywhere. Good Feng Shui place! :) I've uploaded the pictures taken during my trip in my photo album. You can check it out here. Enjoy

Barmouth - 14th of April 2006
It was a lovely sunny day and I finally don’t have to wear my coat. What is better than going to the beach on a sunny day out like this? The beach is surrounded by beautiful scenery and with the temperature of about 13 degree Celsius, it’s SUPERB!

We stayed at ‘Seashell B&B’ and were given a room facing the sea front. Gorgeous sea view from my bed!


Porthmadog - 15th of April 2006
Have you ever seen a steam train? We managed to take some shots of the steam train.


After that, we headed down to Blaenau Ffestiniog exploring Llechwedd Slate Caverns. Blaenau Ffestiniog is famous for slates. We visited the mines and find out all about the subterranean world of the slate miner and discover an amazing underground lake. It was a good visit but not much pictures were taken as it was in darkness most of the time.



We went to ‘That place with the long name’– (take a deep breath) ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch’. There's a refurbished Victoria train station with the longest name in the world. The meaning of that long name is actually 'The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave'.

3 comments:

Survon said...

Finally, a post from you....eh, is that name for real?????? I don't think it's "pronounceable".

Again, in case u forgot, what about the London Bridge????

K@t3 said...

Yup.. It's a real name and that is in WELSH language.. I dont know how to read it either.. haha :)

Lisan said...

it looks more like a typo error to me