Tuesday, April 24, 2007

New York City

When someone tells you about New York, what will come into your mind first thing? For me, it's none other than the Statue of Liberty.

I visited the Statue of Liberty on Sunday and got a chance to actually get inside the structure. I had to pay to go to the island but the tickets to visit the structure is free and it's limited.
It's pretty interesting to know some history on the monument.. How they came about it and how they got into the design..and building the structure.. My first impression on seeing the monument was....How come it's not as big as in the movies? Look at the pictures below. It can roughly tell you how big is the actual size of the statue.




I had to climb 156 steps to get up to observation level. Good exercise uh... Imagine if I had to climb up to the very top which is the crown.. but I was lucky..They do not allow going up anymore after September 11 due to security reasons. :)


It was pretty funny going up to the observation deck but couldnt see the statue.. only the bottom of it.. Luckily I managed to take some pictures of it from the boat. :)
I get to view the city of New York though.. The view looks very familiar.. it always appears in shows.. No wonder :)

No comments: