Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I just got back from Cambodia yesterday. I went to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. Siem Reap is famous for all its ancient temples and it’s made famous by the movie Tomb Raider staring Angelina Jolie. Ever since that movie, the place expanded from a very small village to a very touristy area. Tourism is their main source of income in this small town.

In the next few entries, it will be focused on the places I’d visited. I did some research on the internet and made all the hotel bookings and arranged the driver by myself through e-mail. You can find different types of hotel accommodation depending on your budget from USD5 to USD 150. I chose a medium range budget hotel at USD17 per night as I know I will not spend much time there. The place I stayed at Siam Reap is the “Golden Temple Villa” and it is rated as one of the best budget hotels by the Lonely Planet.

As recommended by the forumers at Tripadvisor, I booked Kim Soryar as my tuk tuk driver and he recommended one of his friends as the tour guide. I had no regrets and was lucky that I had booked them. They are really nice people and I managed to make friends with some of their friends as well.

No comments: