Thursday, January 12, 2006

Medicine nowadays?

Pick a guess how much these medicine cost?

I went to see the doctor just now to get some medicine/cream for my eczema. The clinic that I went to is quite cool, fully equipped with computers and audio system. They actually call your name with the PA system. 'Miss Kate..please go to Room1'.

As I entered the room, the doctor which looked pretty sleepy greeted me with a big smile on his face! He asked what's wrong with me and I told him that I needed some cream for my eczema which is due to dryness. The doctor said that he's going to give me some tablets to stop the itch (which I wont take, as usual.. haha) and some cream (which is what I needed).

I went to the counter to collect my medicine and they handed me two receipts which I was required to sign. I was quite surprised with it. I didn't pay them any money as I had an ING medical card. Anyway, I signed it and was quite shocked with the bill amount as well. Try to give a wild guess how much those medicine cost. Any idea?

It cost RM53 just for the medicine and for consultation fee, it's RM17. All in all, RM70. My gosh! That is so expensive. That explained why the doctor was so happy to see me! :D

2 comments:

Lisan said...

that's still cheaper than the one that I went last week. They charged me RM89 (59 for the medicines, 30 for consultation) just for flu, cough and lozenges. Expensive huh? Luckily i could claim it back from the company.

Survon said...

I thought this is very common for doctors to OVER charge the patient who has medical card.

Because they know you won't complain if it's too expensive (you are not paying it anyway) and the payer don't really bother about the amount.

btw, how come your skin gets dry in such a humid weather in Malaysia?