Saturday, September 01, 2007

31st of August - Malaysia's Independence Day

Happy Birthday Malaysia!! Malaysia is now 50 years old :) Whoo hooo!
I went to The Curve for the countdown. They had a free concert and also a street party from 12am onwards. I didn't stay up for the party.. Left the place shortly after the countdown. The crowd was crazy... Many people turned up for the occasion and imediately after the 10 minutes fireworks display, the traffic starts to turn bad when everyone starts to leave the place.

My friends and I were not caught in the jam though because we parked near the exit. It took us half an hour to get out from the parking lot. That was considered very good. Imagine if you're parking somewhere nearer to the event. I think you'll be stuck there for hours.

I didn't have a good view of the fireworks. It's ok.. I'm going to watch another better fireworks display in Putrajaya this Sunday :) After the fireworks, I thought they'll play the national anthem.. instead.. they played the famous Merdeka Song "Tanggal 31". I sang along.. and felt so patriotic.. Gosh! I love my Country! :D
Guess who was one of the guest artist performing that night?

It's non other than Fish Leong. :)

I spotted this little kid. Isn't he cute?


No comments: